Lightspeed Technologies, Inc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate with us and stop using Lightspeed’s services. Your use of any of the Lightspeed services after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. This policy is effective from 10/31/2009.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- When you use our mobile optimized website or our mobile application, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Lightspeed and our service providers may use and store this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. Lightspeed will provide notifications only to those customers who accept to receive such notifications. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
- When you visit our website or log into our mobile app(s), we may also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include without limitation browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other device identifiers, location and date/time stamp.
- Third parties with whom we work with may also provide us information about you. We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available by external sources. For example, depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services. Please verify the privacy policies of these third parties before submitting your personal information to them.
- You must be at least 16 years old to create an account with Lightspeed. Lightspeed does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. Those under age 16 should not use Lightspeed’s website or provide Lightspeed with any personal information. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and if you have reasons to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please email us at email@example.com
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your contact information to another company.
- Enable you to access and use our website.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts and account notifications.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize our website, such as by performing analytics and conducting research to assist us in measuring our customer service, benchmarking our performance and to help us improve our product offerings.
- Track usage statistics on our website by measuring the relevance of our content and learning about your preferences.
- Analyze aggregated customer information with other interactions customers have with Lightspeed.
- Monitor store and website traffic and volume.
- Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and interests of others, we may use personal information in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and audit purposes.
- Where your personal information is anonymized or de-identified, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute personal information under the applicable data protection law. Our use of anonymized or de-identified data is not subject to this Policy.
We will keep your personal information only as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy or such longer period as may be required by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will disclose your information if necessary to protect our website’s interests and if we determine disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance. Your information will be shared with third parties in the event of any merger, consolidation, or sale of all or substantially all of the assets of Lightspeed along with any other asset transferred in such transactions.
Data Subject Rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects. A good explanation of them (in English) is available on the website of the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data Lightspeed collects about you and how it is used. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to confirm that Lightspeed is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data Lightspeed may have about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside Lightspeed might have received the data from Lightspeed; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly Lightspeed); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by Lightspeed if it is inaccurate. You may request that Lightspeed erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request that Lightspeed cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. In many countries, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how Lightspeed processes your personal data. When technically feasible, Lightspeed will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to Lightspeed at firstname.lastname@example.org. If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, Lightspeed will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, Lightspeed will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web and mobile applications to respond to you as an individual. The web or mobile application(s) can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or mobile application(s).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
California Privacy Rights
CCPA Mandatory Disclosures
We also make the following disclosures for purposes of compliance with the CCPA:
We collected the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: identifiers/contact information, demographic information (such as gender and age), commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn from the above.
The sources of personal information from whom we collected are: directly from our website visitors, third-party sites or platforms, analytics tools, social networks, advertising networks, and third-party services that update or supplement information we hold about you.
Right to Access
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request, up to two times each year, access to categories and specific pieces of personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
Right to Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collect from you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to “opt out” of the “sale” of your “personal information” to “third parties” (as those terms are defined in the CCPA).
How we use your information
Please refer to the “What we do with the information we gather” section
Process to Make a CCPA Request*
Making Access and Deletion Requests
To make an access or deletion request, please email email@example.com or call 800.732.8999.
Authorized Agents Making Access and Deletion Requests
You may also use an authorized agent to submit an access or deletion request on your behalf. Authorized agents may submit access and deletion requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. An authorized agent must have your signed permission to submit a request on your behalf or provide proof that they have power of attorney in accordance with California probate law. Authorized agents that are business entities must be registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California. Before completing requests from authorized agents, we may contact you directly to confirm you’ve given your permission and/or to verify your identity.
*When a consumer submits a right to request to know, businesses have 45 calendar days to respond. This time limit can be extended by another 45 days if a business notifies the consumer.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights to privacy.